Because I’m a Geek
- When The Empire Strikes Back hit theatres (for the first time) I insisted my dad include me on the boys’ outing.
- Watching the newest episode of Battlestar Galactica (yup – the original) was the highlight of my week and I thought Lt. Starbuck was the funniest and cutest guy I’d ever seen.
- When my passion for Starbuck fizzled, Star Trek was always there to fill my intergalactic need.
- And I thought I was in heaven when the movie The Wrath of Kahn hit the big screen. Remember the torture scene with the bug crawling into his ear? Yeah, me, too.
- How could my life possibly get any better when the entire franchise got a reboot with The Next Generation and Captain Jean-Luc Picard?! Patrick Stewart was perfect.
- Opening weekend in 2009 of the newest Star Trek Movie found me in the theatre (three times) and I purchased it as soon as it was available on DVD. When is the sequel coming?!
- Technology makes me happy and there is always a legitimate reason to upgrade my iPhone.
- The day my MacBook Pro arrived I laughed, I cried, I took pictures (more than I’ll admit to you), and no one else has been allowed to touch it since.
Okay, I’ll stop. But I could continue. There are obvious gaps in this timeline, but don’t worry – they are filled with happy memories of metal lunchboxes, Princess Leia action figures, religious viewing of the Thundercats series, and regular mentions of droids.
All of this to tell you how excited I was to receive an early Mother’s Day gift:
How AWESOME is this?!!! It holds my phone, charges it AND lets me glance at my favorite GPS app (Waze) without taking my hands off the wheel. Don’t worry – Waze gives me voice commands through the car’s Bluetooth technology (cool, right?!), so I am not reliant on the visual to get me where I’m going.
So from me to you, I hope you get everything you want for Mother’s Day, but this girl is one happy geek.